On your current playlist, hit shuffle and pick the first ten songs on the list (no matter how cheesy or embarrassing), and write down your favourite line of the song. Try to avoid putting the song title in the line. Then, have your friends comment and see if they know the songs.
1. I don't believe in painted roses or bleeding hearts while bullets rape the night of the merciful.
2. We need new dreams tonight.
3. Do you hear us coming Lord? Do you hear us call? Do you hear us knocking? We're knocking at your door ...
4. In the howling wind comes a stinging rain, see them driving nails into souls on the tree of pain.
5. We'll shine like stars in the summer night. We'll shine like stars in the winter night.
6. You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice.
7. And you know it's time to go, through the sleet and driving snow, across the fields of mourning, light in the distance, and you hunger for the time, time to heal, desire time, and your earth moves beneath your own dream landscape.
8. And if the night runs over and if the day won't last, and if your way should falter along the stony pass.
9. Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief, all kill their inspiration and sing about their grief.
10. We thought that we had the answers, it was the questions we had wrong.
Additional challenge: Considering that my playlist is 3714 songs long, tell me one thing interesting about this list of lyrics.
I'm not even going to think of asking for the specific live performances because for some of them, I don't even know, and none of them are unique lyrics. A few of you can probably get all of those without even thinking about it.
Hooray, it's May. A month and then it's winter! I want that cold, cold weather. I think I should move. I also miss decent autumns.
Welcome to Axver's First Rant For May.
Alright, so I've been unwell. I'm masking just unwell I am because I can't afford to miss school and things are just too plain busy. Last night, I spent a good deal of time awake, lying in bed with a box of tissues, blowing my nose and feeling sorry for myself. I didn't fall asleep until two. My headache's coming and going, I have a sore throat, and I would pay anything for a device to suck all the snot from my body. So you know what Mum goes and does? She wakes me at six in the morning,
Of course, the family doesn't get this. Mum tried to guilt trip me into going. I can see Nan any time, I don't think meeting her at the airport or meeting her here will make an iota of difference. Anyway, guilt tripping me is the instant way to put me off for good. If you're going to try to guilt trip me, I will deliberately go against your guilt trip BECAUSE YOU SHOULDN'T BE GUILT TRIPPING SOMEONE IN THE FIRST PLACE. I probably would've caved and gone, despite my condition, if there'd been no guilt trip or expectation.
I really just don't want to be around my family. It's not that I don't love them or that they're bad people, it's just that we don't click. The only people in my whole family that I actually feel like I click with are my mother, Grandma and Grandpa, and if I knew him more, I bet Uncle Richard and I would get on really well seeing we're both U2 fanatics. Nan I do feel sort of close to, and I would've liked to go meet her if the circumstances could be changed a bit, but I'm not going because I 'have' to, and especially not if there's a family breakfast involved. I think I'm more like Camus's Meursault than I realise, in that I defy expectations.
I know that wasn't much of a rant, but I'm not feeling up to an impassioned rant. I just want to go to bed, really. Thing is, I know I won't sleep, so it's pointless.
SmartFTP appears to hate me. I had a very strange dream I want to talk about but ... I'm not sure. This weekend, I have two speeches to write that I haven't begun, one's due on Tuesday and the other's for a debate on Wednesday. The one for Tuesday is my English assignment and I do have to write it, but my debate I just need to properly compile the arguments in my head. No palm cards as normal for the debate, hopefully none for the English assignment. Palm cards are restrictive and limiting and I hate using them. Most people I know swear by them and would never do a speech without their nicely ordered cards, but I've gone totally off them and speak much better when I don't have them.
Jamie and I had an amusing phone call last night. We were discussing what it's going to be like at my grade's ten year reunion. I'm looking forward to that now, just because it'll be amusing. Apparently, if I haven't been assassinated, I'll be some wealthy millionaire flying in from America, and when I get there, Tom will punch me in the face for printing an article on a train crash instead of his latest scientific discovery, thus costing him fame and recognition. Sam will have trouble walking in because he's weighed down by all his various Air Force medals, one of which is for killing Pat, Jamie will be followed everywhere by the fan club of students he's taught, and so forth. Shame it's not overly probable.
Now I need to go write. I've got to get some stuff done. Ehh.