Open whatever programme you use to play music and set it to shuffle. List the first 10 songs that come on, and do not lie.
1. 'Walk On (2 December 2001)' by U2
2. 'MLK (7 November 1987)' by U2
3. 'The King's New Clothes (5 October 1979)' by U2
4. 'Springhill Mining Disaster (29 April 1987)' by U2
5. 'Bullet The Blue Sky (2 December 2001)' by U2
6. 'Bullet The Blue Sky (18 July 1997)' by U2
7. 'My Immortal' by Evanescence
8. 'Fallout Shelter' by The Feelers (I lovelovelove this song)
9. 'Rain (18 July 1997)' by U2
10. 'Larger Than Life' by The Feelers
Wow, I thought I'd get more non-U2 results than that, seeing the playlist does have all of Evanescence's Fallen, The Feeler's Playground Battle, Pacifier's live 2CD set, Pink Floyd's 2CD Pulse, and most of Linkin Park's Meteora, not to mention a few Clannad songs and some songs by, gaspshockhorror, The Corrs. OK, so I admit it, I like that Irish folk-pop group. It's the lead singer's voice, truly. I love her voice, and When The Stars Go Blue by them with Bono is really good.
Oh, I spot three amusing/ironical things with the ten. I want to see if anyone spots them, or anything else amusing/ironical I haven't.
The video of the 4 November 1981 show from Berlin is AMAZING. Everyone should have a copy. Ask, and ye might receive. Propose a trade, and probabilities improve.
Today went well. light_so_bright should watch her letterbox in about 7-10 days; such behaviour has proved profitable for me lately, with letters, presents, Time magazines (well, singular), and quite literally in the form of a birthday card arriving from my Grandpa and Grandma with NZ$50. That should hopefully convert to at least AUS$40. I suddenly feel a little bit more wealthy, and I shall also be watching the exchange rate closely so I can convert it on the best possible day.
I'm going to be honest: I'm going back to school in a week, and I'm nervous and scared. It's the last time I ever go back, and I still don't know what I'm going to study at university. If those of you reading this who have already finished high school have any advice for me (or even if you haven't finished but have something to add) in relation to anything, please, don't hesitate to comment.
If anything, I have too many career paths to choose, and none of which I feel genuinely passionate about or drawn towards. My love is my writing, but few can do that for a living so I better find something else to do. I am also seriously drawn to theology and philosophy, but I don't think there's much in the way of job prospects and earning a living in that line of work. So what are my options, besides an author? The main ones are lawyer, judge (though you have to be a lawyer first), politician, professor of theology, pastor, geographer, mathematician, journalist, historian. I always wanted to be an architect but my eyesight's too restrictive and I haven't taken the required subjects at high school anyway. What actual jobs exist in theological and philosophical lines? First week back at school, I'm definitely scheduling a meeting with the careers advisor/counsellor.
--- 10:17pm ---
Yeah, so this was going to show up earlier, but don't blame me for my laziness. Actually, you probably should. But that's beside the point. I want to see if anyone actually answers this thing, heh.
**ANSWER IN COMMENTS**
1. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.
2. Am I lovable?
3. How long have you known me?
4. When and how did we first meet?
5. What was your first impression?
6. Do you still think that way about me now?
7. What do you think my weakness is?
8. Do you think I'll get married?
9. What makes me happy?
10. What makes me sad?
11. What reminds you of me?
12. If you could give me anything what would it be?
13. How well do you know me?
14. When's the last time you saw/talked to me?
15. Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?
16. Do you think I could kill someone?
17. Describe me in one word.
18. Do you think our friendship is getting stronger/weaker/or staying the same?
19. Do you feel that you could talk to me about anything and I would listen?
20. Are you going to put this on your journal and see what I say about you?
21. What is one thing I don't know about you?
--- 11:32pm ---