Well im just not sure what you are...
You are very bland as far as I can see, perhaps you
need to evaluate who you are, what you like
etc. You are most likely a quiet person, or
someone who simply doesnt care. But my bet is
on the fact that you are a wise ass. Take the
quiz again if this is true :-p
What American Stereotypical Subculture are YOU?
brought to you by Quizilla
HA! You forget that there ARE some true individuals out there who simply do not fit into any stereotypes. I'm not very bland, just I don't fit into any stupid stereotypes or try to conform. Conformity has become such a joke. Here's my observations;
- People conformed to a number of stereotypes.
- Some people got sick of this and became so-called "non-conformists"; however, this merely became another form of conformity.
- People who had not conformed to either of the above conformed to this new idea of bashing conformity and "non-conformity".
- Hence, virtually everyone became a conformer in some way or another.
I would now go on to promote being an individual, but that would just turn into another silly little stereotype, and I suppose I fit into the third point anyway - though does pointing out the irony in the first two necessitate being in the third? Maybe it's just that everyone in some way conforms.
In other news, my stepbrother James is an absolute ass. This guy's meant to be twenty, so you'd think he'd have enough maturity and respect not to keep the rest of us awake last night. Well, I was wrong. Nice enough bloke, but ... GRR. He had this girl around last night, and they were hanging out in the lounge, which is RIGHT OUTSIDE my room. They played music rather loud, talked loudly, and otherwise made heaps of noise well past 3am that kept my mother awake. I went to bed at 1am and thought that I would never get to sleep, but I slipped off somewhere around 2-2:30am. Mum was very annoyed this morning, and still is. James is sleeping, so she's retaliating by playing her music very loud ... loud enough to be easily heard above my music on my headphones, ah, good, she's said she'll turn it down a bit. I'm not sure if retaliating in kind is quite the way to treat the situation, but at least it shows James just what it's like.
But now, I'm very tired. Ugh.
--- 7:43pm ---
You are EULOGY. You are strong and beautiful on
the outside, but on the inside, you are tired,
lonely, and you want to go home. You know
people love you, but you want more than to be
loved; you want to be understood. You look
around the world, and all you see is death,
sickness, and broken spirits. Don't give in.
Look to God, and He will give you the strength
to make an impact on this world during your
stay here. Then you can go home.
"And good-bye to everything / Sayonara
everyone / They are tired / Write the
eulogy..." - Five Iron Frenzy
What Five Iron Frenzy song are you?
brought to you by Quizilla
Well, it's definitely close enough, and dead right on being tired and lonely inside and just wanting to go home. I do want to go home. Where is home? I honestly don't know. YTF was the closest thing I had to a home, which some of you will probably see as really, really sad and pathetic. But ... my hometown in NZ is not my hometown any more, the Gold Coast is hardly really home, and the only other place I really settled in is YTF.
"Home ... hard to know what it is if you've never had one ... home, I can't say where it is but I know I'm going ... home, that's where the hurt is" - Walk On by U2
On a completely different topic, I'm discovering that I really do not like much modern music at all. I'm really going this big songs-older-than-ten-years binge. Modern music just doesn't cut it: so much of it is bland, rehashed, unoriginal crap cooked up in a studio by some guy with a mixing box who tells people what to like and feeds to them whatever's easiest to make with the lowest amount of brainpower required. It seems like originality is vanishing.
I just downloaded (Feed The World) Do They Know It's Christmas? by Band Aid, and I find it ironic that when Bono first read the lyrics, the one line he refused to sing was the one he had to sing. I love my tape of From A Whisper To A Scream: The Story Of Irish Music; so much U2 trivia on it (especially seeing Irish music IS U2 and the country's music industry only received notice thanks to U2, and to a lesser extent Bob Geldof and the Boomtown Rats).
Whee, I madly heart WinMX!
--- 9:44 ---
Instead of asking people to do this about me, I'm going to do it about myself instead. How does THAT strike you?
1. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it. The Edge, because I so want to be him.
2. Am I lovable? Hell no.
3. How long have you known me? Nearly seventeen years.
4. What was your first impression? Probably "Hello me, so this is life?"
5. Do you still think that way about me now? No. I think a different way about me now.
6. What do you think my weakness is? Arrogance, procrastination, U2 obsession ... wait, scrub the latter.
7. Do you think I'll get married? Hopefully. Though is it likely? Haha, for a person like me? I get the feeling ... NO.
8. What makes me happy? U2, intelligence, writing full-blown action scenes, strong faith, talking to friends (notably Lauren and Sam, in that order).
9. What makes me sad? Many things.
10. What reminds you of me? Looking in the mirror tends to help.
11. If you could give me anything what would it be? U2, carrying suitcases full of money and/or gold.
12. How well do you know me? Better than anyone else.
13. Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't? Yes. I got so pissed off that now I'm sleeping in a separate bed to myself.
14. Do you think I could kill someone? TEENYBOPPERS MUST DIE!
15. Describe me in one word. No.
16. Do you think our friendship is getting stronger/weaker/or staying the same? I think the relationship I have with myself is on a completely different plane to friendship.
17. Do you feel that you could talk to me about anything and I would listen? I kind of have to, seeing I'd be talking to myself.
18. Are you going to put this on your LiveJournal and see what I say about you? Most certainly. I'm putting this up, and then I'm going to go see what I said about myself. I wonder what I said ... oh, I hope I didn't insult myself ... please, please, oh let me like myself! I don't want myself to hate me! WOE!
That was a lot less funny that it should've been.
I need some quality stuff to download.
--- 10:56 ---
I'm so flaming bored.